Add N Share

.
.

AmAzInG Map Collages AnImAlS

by artpictures | 4:03 AM in , |

 Yellow Eyed Junco
The first piece I made using this new digital technique. I tried to emulate aves in poses reminiscent to field guides or old Audubon illustrations. The first series I began working on contain a hodgepodge of maps. I was more concerned with connecting color and texture than location.


 Gray Jay
Continuing on this motif, I started working on several individual birds.
 I began to play with the composition, incorporating more than one bird per piece.
 Landing Osprey
It was at this point that I moved away from field guide-esque illustration, but considered birds in other positions.
 Don’t Look Back
After playing with fowl for so long, I began to investigate other wildlife that I was interested in.
 Doe and Fawn
And after working on the elk, I decided to investigate deer.
 Virginia Northern Cardinal
In preparation for my first exhibition in my home state of Virginia, I started rendering animals from maps of their area of habitat. I began with the state bird of Virginia, the Cardinal. After producing this image I had a desire to collage all the state birds, which hopefully I will get to do. The Northern Cardinal is actually the state bird of 7 states, more than any other species of bird.
Virginia Red Fox
The fox, the perpetual hunter of all sorts of birds. This piece is also created from localized Virginia maps.

Blog Archive